According to research done by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, a whopping 68% of world’s population is expected to live in the cities by 2050. Currently, 54% of the urban areas are in Asia and most critically, 80% of GDP is generated from cities.
As the SDG2030 is now approaching our horizon, there is no greater need for sustainable, livable, and resilient cities than now. In supporting these common goals, the 9th Smart Cities Asia 2023 is an initiative to spur both digital economy and strengthening city governance towards more resilient and sustainable cities.
With this pressing scenario to progress efforts in cities, the 9th Smart Cities Asia 2023 therefore focuses on the implementation aspects of Smart Cities in areas of Policy, Program and Projects delivery in the region. It aims to provide a platform for stakeholders to share knowledge/experience, exchange ideas, gain insights from the experts as they showcase case studies and discuss on how to intensify public private partnership (PPP) in accelerating preparedness towards collaborative implementation.
Why Should You Attend ?
- The 9th Smart Cities Asia 2023 will be the first national level event in Malaysia to showcase: Smart City Maturity Journey | Smart City Awards | Smart City Integrated Operations Centre | Smart City Roundtable | Smart City Training
- Participants will have the opportunity to hear from leading practitioners and experts in the fields of smart cities.
- Learn how to leverage cutting edge technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain in developing smart cities.
- Connect with fellow professionals and experts from a diverse community of urban planners, policymakers, researchers and technology experts.
- Learn from cities that have successfully implemented smart city initiatives and gain insights into how you can replicate their success in your city.
- Explore potential collaboration in smart city programme and projects implementation.